If you are interested in gaining skills to help with your career development, our internship program may be what you are looking for. Leadership and management opportunities abound.
Fill out an application. Please return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Cedar Campus, PO Box 425, Cedarville, MI 49719.
Benefits of Being an Intern:
Spiritual Benefits an opportunity to...
- Nurture and develop spiritual disciplines
- Practice a heart of servant leadership
- Grow a Christian mind
- Foster humility and joy in service
- Monthly stipend of $600 - $800, dependent on length of stay
- Opportunity to fund-raise salary to total of $1000/month
- Room, board, and laundry facilities provided during summer months
- Room provided year-round
- 15% discount on books and clothing at the camp store
- Develop a biblical work ethic working for and alongside other Christians
- Acquire new skills
- Discover new interests, aptitudes and gifts
- Develop leadership skills in supervising others, managing work, and leading crew events
Internship Opportunities for Summer 2016
Camp Nurse: Spend your summer at Cedar Campus in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Be a part of our community and gain experience in the healthcare field. Cedar Campus is seeking a licensed/certified health professional, RN or EMT or an individual with equivalent certification and/or training. Duties include but are not limited to the following: administer first aid, respond to medical emergencies, distribute medications kept in the infirmary (nonprescription), keep records including filing incident reports, be on call 5 1/2 days a week, and contribute to other departments in camp as directed by Cedar Campus staff.
- Creation Care Intern: helping to educate, interpret and involve guests, staff and crew towards enjoying, appreciating and stewarding creation as seen in the natural setting that God has given us.
- Assistant Children's Program Coordinator: developing, supervising, and implementing children/youth programs for our family camps.
- Photographer and Marketing Intern: Document the summer by taking photographs. Training in sound systems is a possibility. Working on marketing and promotional materials including; brochures, films, social media and other documents. See job description.
Internship Opportunities for 2016
- Recreation Intern: helping to educate and involve guests, staff, and crew in recreation opportunities, coordinating and supervising recreation for student and family camps, as well as maintaining recreation areas around Cedar Campus.
- Food Service Intern: Required to prep recipes and prepare for guest groups as well as work in the kitchen during retreats. Necessary skills include being able to follow recipes. Tasks include baking, prep cooking, staffing buffet lines, and putting away orders. Depending on applicant's career goals, skills trained could involve menu writing, inventorying, ordering, working with special diets, staffing the coffee shop, and researching new camp recipes. All applicants should be willing to work with other departments when work time allows.
- Guest Services Intern: The Guest Services intern will help determine the needs of groups and individuals, welcome and host groups as assigned, provide sound system support and training for guest groups and programs, help with custodial needs in public areas, set up meeting and sleeping rooms for guest groups and programs, participate in scheduled departmental meetings, and develop and complete a departmental project.
- Photographer and Marketing Intern: Update and redesign current brochures, continue to develop a marketing plan, regularly update social media sites, assist with publication and distribution of brochures and newsletters, take and edit photographs, improve the camper evaluations and work with the Cedar Campus staff team as needed on camp clean up and special projects. Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Software applications.
For more information, call camp at 906-484-2294 or email camp.
*College credit can also be available if worked out with applicant's college or university beforehand.