December 27, 2017 to January 2, 2018
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA sponsors the International Winter Houseparty as a relaxed time of friendship in a family-like setting.
Activities may include
- Workshops, presentations, and discussions on the Christian religion, American culture and traditions
- An International New Year Celebration
- Winter Sauna
- Cross-country skiing, ice skating and hiking, as weather permits
- Relaxing by a warm fire
- Snacks, games and crafts
- An international meal (cooked by many of the Houseparty guests!)
- Conversations with students from around the world
- Visiting local tourist sites
Cedar Campus is a comfortable place to spend the holidays. The Lodge and cabins are heated, and housing is assigned to fit the needs of families and individuals. Families will be housed together, and baby beds are available at no extra charge. Sheets, towels, pillows, and blankets are provided.
Meals are prepared for you. If you have any specific dietary requirements or religious restrictions, please indicate those on the registration form.
What to bring
- Lots of warm casual clothing: sweaters, hats, gloves or mittens, outdoor boots, scarves, extra socks. (Cedar Campus provides blankets, pillows, linens and towels.)
- Items from your homeland to show others.
- A favorite recipe from home
- Musical instruments
All on-site activities at the Houseparty are included in the cost. Only shopping at nearby tourist sites is at additional expense. We encourage you to bring extra money for these trips or for books, souvenir clothing and other items available at the camp store.
You are responsible for your own transportation to Cedar Campus. Daily bus service is available into St. Ignace, which is a 45 minute drive from Cedar Campus. Airports at Sault Ste. Marie (Michigan) and Pellston serve the Cedarville area. If you take public transportation and need a ride to Cedar Campus, please call us or e-mail us with your travel plans. If you have your own car and are able to help others, your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Cedar Campus is located 42 miles northeast of the Mackinac Bridge on well-maintained paved highways. Roads are seldom a problem, even during the winter, because road crews remove snow and ice for travel. Take Interstate Highway 75 to exit #359. Go east on M-134 through Hessel (13 miles), through Cedarville (3 more miles) to the Cedar Campus entrance (6 more miles) on the right side of the road. Follow the camp road south for one mile to the Welcome Center.
How to Register
Online registration opens in September, or mail a printed registration form to Cedar Campus, PO Box 425, Cedarville, MI 49719.
Printable brochures coming soon!